A perk of being a Site Owner is having the ability to create Content Editors for your managed site. Site Owners are also responsible for training and supporting their Content Editors.'
To create a Content Editor account, log in to your SiteMasonry site, then:
- Click the ‘People’ tab in the admin navigation bar
- Select ‘Add User’ from the dropdown menu
Fill out the form on the ‘Add User’ screen
- Email Address - SiteMasonry only accepts @gmu.edu Mason email addresses
- Check the box that says 'Allow User to Login via CAS'
- CAS Username - Enter the user's Mason username/NetID. This will be the first part of their email address (NOT the entire email address).
- Username: Enter the user's first and last name. (eg: Jessica Mason)
- Password: This is a temporary password used only by the system to create the account.
- Status: Select 'active.'
- Roles: Select only one role, 'Content Editor.' Other roles are being transitioned out of SiteMasonry.
- Notify user of new account: Checking this box to send an automatically-generated email to the new Content Editor. If you are not yet ready for this user to log in and begin using their site, you may leave this box unchecked, and inform the user yourself later on.
All other form options (contact settings, locale settings, and URL alias) are used by SiteMasonry Platform Managers. Please ignore these options.
Submit the form, and the new user will be created.