Host (Your organization) is hosting (Great Event), which will (brief description of purpose and goals).
What You Need to Know
This group of people should attend for this purpose
Create a form for participants to register, and provide a link. If payment is required, contact ITS about setting up a secure form, and provide a link.
If this is a live event, include information on:
- Costs: Registration fee, if applicable (with link to secure form)
- Location: For example, Mason SciTech Campus, Katherine Johnson Hall, Manassas, Virginia
- Directions: This could include options for people driving in from different directions. For example:
- If you're coming from Maryland: Highways, exits, etc.
- If you're coming from Virginia: Highways, exits, etc.
- If you're coming from D.C.: Highways, exits, etc.
- Parking: Where to park on campus, with a map. If they have to pay for parking, let them know.
- Airport, bus, train transport options: Help them get here if they're traveling from outside the DMV.
- Area hotels: Mason has a partnership with some area hotels, some of which offer special rates.
- Email address: If you have questions or for more information
- Phone number: If you have someone who can take the calls.
If this is a virtual event, provide links to the events and/or state the date and time (for example, 10 minutes before the event starts), when the links will go live.
On the day of (and perhaps in the days leading up to the event), provide an agenda for participants:
- Item One: Description, time, location, link, if virtual
- Item Two: Description, time, location, link, if virtual
- Item Three: Description, time, location
- Break/Lunch: From when to when, and a location if you are hosting
- Item Four: Description, time, location, link, if virtual
- Item Five: Description, time, location, link, if virtual
- Item Six: Description, time, location, link, if virtual
You have options on how to present the agenda, or any information on this page. You can do it as text, as a mosaic, or photos with copy blocks (see the Sustainability page and the Research page on the main site for examples). If using photos with copy blocks, this is where you could use images of your speakers.